Over time, teeth begin to weaken. This leaves them more susceptible to problems such as decay, cracks or discoloration. A dental crown can renew the appearance and function of a tooth.
Dental crowns can:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Cover and support a damaged or decayed tooth
- Cover a severely discolored tooth
- Restore a broken or severely worn tooth
Also, dental crowns are often used in conjunction with root canal therapy, dental implants or as an anchor for a bridge.