We’ve Got You Covered
A tooth extraction can be performed by Dr.Franklin and his team to remove damaged teeth and wisdom teeth!
Eliminate teeth that have been excessively damaged
Trust the team with years of experience in tooth extractions
Sedation dentistry available to ensure your comfort and relaxation
Call us or fill out the form today to schedule your consultation.
Experience extraordinary dentistry. Call Todd A. Franklin, D.D.S. at (209) 334-4370
Wisdom teeth extractions.
Almost everyone needs to get this procedure at a young age, so we have years of expertise. We make your extraction as painless as possible.
Baby teeth hanging in there?
We can help make room for your child’s permanent adult teeth to properly grow in if their baby teeth aren’t falling out in time.
Orthodontic correction for your smile.
When getting braces or Invisalign, we may require certain teeth to be extracted for the rest of the teeth to move into place.
Reasons For Extraction
- Some individuals have additional teeth that obstruct other teeth.
- Often, one’s “baby teeth” may not fall out in time to allow the permanent teeth to grow in.
- People getting braces might need teeth removed to create sufficient room for the teeth that are being moved into place.
- Individuals getting radiation to the head and neck might have to have teeth that are in the field of the radiation removed.
- Individuals on cancer drugs might have contaminated teeth since these drugs deteriorate the body immune system. Infected teeth might have to be removed.
- Some teeth may need to be drawn out if they are potential sources of infection after an organ transplant. Individuals with organ transplants have a high risk of infection since they are advised to take drugs that reduce immune system efficiency.
- Wisdom teeth, also called third molars, are typically drawn out either prior to or after they begin to grow in. They are typically visible during the late teens or early 20s. They need to be removed if they are decomposed, cause pain or have a cyst or infection. These teeth typically get stuck in the jaw (impacted) and do not come in. This can irritate the gum, causing discomfort and swelling. In this case, the tooth should be gotten rid of. If you need all 4 knowledge teeth removed, they are typically treated at the same time.
Types Of Extractions
- A basic extraction is carried out on a tooth that can be seen in the mouth. General dentists frequently do easy extractions. In a simple extraction, Dr. Franklin loosens up the tooth with an instrument called an elevator. Then he uses an instrument called a forceps to remove the tooth.
- A medical extraction is a more complex procedure. It is utilized if a tooth might have broken off at the gum line or has not come into the mouth. Surgical extractions typically are done by oral cosmetic surgeons. However, they can also be performed by trained general dental experts, like Dr. Franklin. The physician makes a little incision (cut) into your gum. Occasionally it’s essential to eliminate a few of the bone fragments around the tooth or to cut the tooth in half in order to extract it.
What To Expect From Your Extraction
Get the smile you have always wanted, call Todd A. Franklin, D.D.S. (209) 334-4370